Science Evangelist is a term I’ve been seeing a lot of lately, and I really like it. Who rates usage of the term? Only some of the brightest stars in the science education community… Ainissa Ramirez (read about her on the TED blog) is one of my favorites, and I think just about everyone admires Neil deGrasse Tyson (who recently achieved Twitterati status). Steve Spangler is fun (he even wowed Ellen DeGeneres), and the newest but certainly not the least-inspiring person on my radar is Paul Andersen (2011 Montana Teacher of the Year, one of four finalists for the 2011 National Teacher of the Year, and YouTube Edu Guru). We were lucky enough to meet him at a recent conference, learned a lot about what’s happening in the science ed community, and we’re hoping to do so again at our National Conference in San Antonio this spring. They motivate students, other educators, parents, and our elected officials. These are shining examples of how we can inspire the next generation of scientists, and they personally keep me enthused about my job. I’m always on the look-out for fresh inspiration, so please share with me the notable names who should be on this list!
E-mail notificationsFor more control over your e-mail notifications, log in to the NSTA blog (at the bottom of the right column).
- Talking Technology
- #NSTA14 Heats Up in NOLA with the STEM Iron Chef Competition
- NSTA conference in Boston: Reflection and making connections Part 1, Th and Fri
- This Earth Day, Engage Kids in Citizen Science!
- Science for all
- Displaying Student Work
- Next Generation Science Standards Turn 1!
- What Does the Lorax Say?
- Language development in science
- #NSTA14 Boston Stories
- Top 10 reasons for visting the conference exhibit hall
- Elementary Extravaganza, Ramps and pathways
- Great ideas from Boston
- NSTA National Conference in Boston–early childhood too!
- Share Your Conference Experience
- Youtube.Com on Capitalizing on curiosity
- Kayce on Displaying Student Work
- Steve Rich on What Does the Lorax Say?
- Anonymous on Aligning curriculum, instruction, and assessment with the NGSS and Framework
- Amy Gilbert on Share Your Conference Experience
- Gail Laubenthal on Share Your Conference Experience
- Elizabeth Petersen on Share Your Conference Experience
- Cheska on Share Your Conference Experience
- Peggy Ashbrook on Share Your Conference Experience
- Mary B on So what is a “must do” at an NSTA Conference?