Experts say we are now in the Web 4.0 environment (where meaning can be created by the majority; web participation is a necessity; etc.). According to Yahoo! Finance, we’ll be able to purchase the first Web 4.0 tablet on or about March 15th. This isn’t science fiction; it’s here, and it sounds incredible. According to NBC News, “This ‘first of its kind’ tablet will be able to receive information and instructions without the user having to touch the tablet, utilize voice input, or incorporate any peripheral device whatsoever.” This announcement got my attention, and in my quest to pre-order, I came across several other fantastic ideas on the company’s website. Browse the site for yourself (scroll about halfway down the page and read the section titled “Intelligent Interaction in the Classroom, Board Room and Home”), and you might agree that this puts into perspective how important STEM education is. We must equip our students to function in the 4.0 environment and beyond. Not only to have the technical abilities to gain employment, but to make them scientifically literate enough to assess the reasonableness/validity of the content created by the masses (think wikis) and ultimately to be able to thoughtfully influence the creation of meaning. Read more at here and here. It’s an exciting time. Let us know what you think!
E-mail notificationsFor more control over your e-mail notifications, log in to the NSTA blog (at the bottom of the right column).
- Displaying Student Work
- Next Generation Science Standards Turn 1!
- What Does the Lorax Say?
- Language development in science
- #NSTA14 Boston Stories
- Top 10 reasons for visting the conference exhibit hall
- Elementary Extravaganza, Ramps and pathways
- Great ideas from Boston
- NSTA National Conference in Boston–early childhood too!
- Share Your Conference Experience
- Students as peer-editors (p. 2)
- Students as peer-editors
- Scope on the skies
- So what is a “must do” at an NSTA Conference?
- Going Wild with the Go Wireless Temp Sensor
- Critical Thinking on Volcano resources
- goa gelatik on Volcano resources
- www.operaty-eko.pl on Environmental change
- DB Vehicle on Free technology for teachers
- budi on Science of Golf: water conservation
- indah on Language development in science
- abnehm tabletten on Classroom Science: Finding the Right Balance Between Supervision and Curious Experimentation
- Steve Sydness on Free technology for teachers
- http://sanctum2game. on Free technology for teachers
- kwiaciarnia online on Free technology for teachers