Big kudos to the preservice and new teachers who participated in the first-ever Student/Student Chapter Showcase during the NSTA National Conference on Science Education. Over three days — March 29-31 — seven student teams provided nine presentations to other preservice and new teachers. The teams conducted sessions on: the school garden model; laboratory makeovers; NASA partnerships; a poster display; robotics, and general updates of student chapter activities.
The showcase location doubled as a lounge in between sessions. Students, new teachers and faculty were able to network, prepare for other presentations and grab a snack in the lounge.
We appreciate each group that participated in this event and a HUGE thanks to the faculty and student chapter faculty advisors who encouraged these preservice and new teachers to take part in the showcase. The excitement from the advisors was contagious…NSTA appreciates all you do to support those coming into our profession.
- Elizabethtown College NSTA Student Chapter
- Keene State NSTA Student Chapter
- Indiana University-Purdue University Columbus (IUPUC) NSTA Student Chapter
- Indiana University-Purdue University Indianapolis (IUPUI) Woodrow Wilson Fellows
- Luther College NSTA Student Chapter
- Murray State University NSTA Student Chapter
- University of Missouri NSTA Student Chapter
Interested in participating in next year’s showcase? Email us at firstname.lastname@example.org and we will add your team to our list of presenters for next year.
See you in San Antonio!