TED.com provides “Riveting talks by remarkable people, free to the world,” as videos (streaming, downloadable, podcasts, etc.) captured during the conferences. TED stands for Technology, Entertainment, and Design.
Here are some of my favorite TED videos, and this list corresponds to the list published in our Science 2.0 column this month along with a few more. I have many more favorites as well, but would like to give readers a chance to add to this list.
If you have other science/teaching related TED videos you would like to contribute to the list, please add them in the comments section with a web address and a brief description.
- Ken Robinson Says Schools Kill Creativity
- Bill Stone: Exploring Deep Caves (and Someday the Moon)
- Pattie Maes and Pranav Mistry Demo SixthSense
- William Kamkwamba: How I Harnessed the Wind
- Dean Kamen: The Emotion Behind Invention
- Sheila Patek Clocks the Fastest Animals
- Janine Benyus Shares Nature’s Designs
- Theo Jansen Creates New Creatures
- Clifford Stoll on…Everything